Yay for Joshua!


QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.
babies

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Proving the experts wrong at the ripe old age of 9 months...

I read a lot of "milestone" emails regarding normal baby/child development. I've come to realize that Jade is pretty much the standard for all of these experts--she does almost EVERYTHING development & growth-wise according to normal milestones. Ivana (the daycare care-giver) decided she is the baby they make growth & development charts based on. It is eerily comforting.
Except teething & socializing.

TEETHING--experts say "many babies may be finally getting their first teeth finally. Some babies may not get any teefers until around their first birthday". Jade now has FIVE teeth--2 top, 3 bottom. She has more teeth than any baby I know her age. Which tells me one things... like her Mom, she loves good yummy fruit that requires teeth to eat :) Maybe I am projecting...

SOCIALIZING--experts say "babies don't really interact, play with, or actively seek out the company of other babies. They are much more interested in toys & Mommy or Daddy". Despite the fact that I have read that several times, I think it's total crap!!! Jade LOVES playing with other kids, especially other babies. And, as you can see below, she's not the only one! I have a video of these two crawling around together that I will try to get posted today or tomorrow--it's sickeningly cute.

Little boy in the picture is a friend of the family's son; he is about 14 months old. Jade is already interested in shoes... his.


She enjoys this toy, but she's good at sharing... and knowing where the camera is at all times
This is her looking for a get-away path, while he charms the others to distract ;)

No comments: